Friday, September 28, 2012

The mom I have always wanted to be

I have always wanted to be a mom. There was a time in my life I was afraid I wouldn't be a good mom and probably shouldn't have kids. That time was as a 21-ish year old college student who couldn't think beyond Thursday night. But I am a mom. It's what I have chosen and what I love. Honestly, I don't know what I could do besides this. I want to be a good mom, I try, but somethings aren't always as you think they would be.

The mom I have always wanted to be was always patient.

The mom I am is mostly patient.

The mom I always wanted to be was active.

The mom I am is usually sleep deprived and hasn't been to the gym in 5 weeks.

The mom I always wanted to be is a teacher to my child.

The mom I am sometimes has no clue what I should be teaching my little one.

The mom I always wanted to be was rested and ready to tackle each day.

The mom I am naps with the little one at least once a week and sometimes tries to bribe the little one to go back to sleep in the morning. And FYI, bribes do not work on a one year old.

The mom I always wanted to be was hot. You know, like Stacy's mom.

The mom I am just cut almost 6 inches of hair off because she doesn't have time to fix it. And she wears yoga pants and leggings. A lot.

The mom I always wanted to be puts her daughter before everything.

The mom I am will always put her daughter before everything.

Being a mom has opened my eyes to so much. I am so in love with my almost one year old that I cannot imagine a better life.

And...because she's so cute...


legit

Don't forget to enter my giveaway!!

No comments:



The Rest Is Still Unwritten

My photo
Freelance Writer. Online Boutique Owner. Mommy of a boy and a girl. Always stir crazy. A schedule hater and free time lover.

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets Designs



Little Girls Dresses from Shabby Apple
Dresses from Shabby Apple
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved