Saturday, September 15, 2012

Dating Daddy

Did your dad take you on dates as a kid? Mine did and it was something I treasured.

I still remember one Saturday, my dad came into my room and said, "Wake up, we are going to breakfast."

This was rare for our family because my parents always cooked a HUGE breakfast on Saturday mornings. I'm talkin', the works: eggs, banana pancakes, toast, potatos, OJ, bacon...we had it all.

But I managed to drag myself out of bed, get dressed and went to breakfast on the beach with my daddy. I still remember it, I wonder if he does?

I also remember one day, in maybe 2nd or 3rd grade when I was sitting in class at the office attendant came to my classroom and said, "We need Stevy to get her stuff together, her dad is here to pick her up."

So, I packed up my stuff and my dad took me to Red Lobster (my FAVORITE place to eat as a kid) and to a movie. He said he was so proud that I brought home an all A's report card that he thought I deserved a break.

Also, I remember when I got inducted into the National Honor Society, he pulled me out of school early to SHOP!

Seriously, y'all, my dad is awesome!

All of this to say, did you and your dad go on dates?

I'm positive that my dad is the reason I never took boys seriously until college. I never had any intentions of marrying a boy I went to high school with, so I didn't pay much attention to them. It wasn't until college when I got my first serious boyfriend.

Sweet husband is already talking about dates with our little one. He loves the time they spend together and hopes she will want to "date" him when she's older.

At this moment, they are snuggled in the recliner. (I'm a lucky girl!)

No comments:



The Rest Is Still Unwritten

My photo
Freelance Writer. Online Boutique Owner. Mommy of a boy and a girl. Always stir crazy. A schedule hater and free time lover.

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets Designs



Little Girls Dresses from Shabby Apple
Dresses from Shabby Apple
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved