Sunday, November 9, 2008

Weekend Update

Yeah, so know I'm not the likes of Tina Fey, or nearly as funny, but here is my weekend update:

We had so much going on and it has really been a crazy week! The hubs and I have been talking about our options after this job and wether or not we want to go back to Houston or for him to do another field job -- one that I will NOT be participating in. He has an opportunity to do a job in Hoboken, NJ, which is like a 10 minute train ride to NY! My favorite place on earth. This week, he was also offered a really great job back in Houston, we will be spending the next couple of months discussing and weighing our options. I'm all about NY baby!

Friday, after a really rough week, I came home to a great surprise. My give-away from Mojito Maven arrived! See below. It's such a sweet and delicate necklace! 


Friday night we got together with our neighbors and went the Louisiana State Fair to see Kevin Fowler. It was a great time with some new and great friends!

Last week when we home to vote, we were able to catch my brothers last football game of the season. He is #89. ! I just love that kid. I know you can't see his face, but for all I know, you could be a 60-year-old man looking for handsome little boys...And he's by far the cutest!


Finally, I've decided that I should learn how to cook. And not just cook out of the box, but really cook. Like, homemade things. Sundays will be my practice days, it is the only day of the week that I don't work. So today's little experiment? Homemade lemon bars. How did they turn out, you ask. Well, I'm sure you could guess by the fact that I'm not posting a picture. Let's just say, I hope I have better luck next week...I sure feel sorry for the hubs! 

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

XOXO,


3 comments:

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

Cooking out of the box IS cooking. It's the most serious kind I do. :p

New Girl on Post said...

Sounds like a great weekend to me!

We mostly stayed around Downtown and the area around the Galleria. I had a great time there, I was overwhelmed with all the great things to do. Obviously there isn't that much to do around here. :)

Weeksie50 said...

Looks like you have a great weekend.. Girl I love me some New York too.. fun.



The Rest Is Still Unwritten

My photo
Freelance Writer. Online Boutique Owner. Mommy of a boy and a girl. Always stir crazy. A schedule hater and free time lover.

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets Designs



Little Girls Dresses from Shabby Apple
Dresses from Shabby Apple
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved