Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Home Decor

If I could afford it, every single square inch of my house would be decorated by Pottery Barn. I love it! However, since I cannot afford that, I pick up things here and there as I shop.

Today I thought I would share with you some of the fun things I've picked up lately and since I posted the progress on Alaina's nursery, I thought I'd share the final product as well.

I've had this vase for years but I picked up these branches from Target for .68 cents each! I got them yesterday. Just a deal I couldn't pass up! 
This was actually a gift from my mom. She bought this frame like 30 years ago. Once I had Alaina's newborn photos taken, she framed one of me and her and put it in this old frame. I love this.

I don't have a lot of things to pass down to my kids, my house burn down when I was 12 and we lost everything. So things like this, I treasure!

I picked this little bowl vase up from Hobby Lobby for $2! Crazy, right? I love it. It's a really deep plum color.
I also picked up this vase from Hobby Lobby. I think it was like $7 and I got the flowers when they were half off. I love a good deal!


Last weekend I was digging through a box of my baby stuff, to prove that Lainey looks more like me than B, and I found this photo. This is my mom and her older sister staring out the window of the house they grew up in in Galveston, Texas.

I bought these stems from Hobby Lobby as well...half off, of course. I just stuck them in an old pitcher I had around the house.
 And now for Alaina's room

I bought this decal to put above her crib and I just love it! The quality is so good ! It is really thick and looks painted on but so, so easy to apply.
I got this piece from Babies r Us. I love it! I'm not typically a mobile fan so this was a great alternative. Plus, I put it in the corner as opposed to directly above her crib.
We also bought a few more panels for her windows from Target.


Finished product from the doorway.

Also, don't forget to enter my giveaway! It'll make a great gift for a friend or yourself!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Love how you decorated! Still wishing I had a Hobby Lobby near me!

Kendra said...

Love that mobile! And that blue case is stunning!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I agree, I love PB but it's so expensive! Hobby Lobby always has such great finds!



The Rest Is Still Unwritten

My photo
Freelance Writer. Online Boutique Owner. Mommy of a boy and a girl. Always stir crazy. A schedule hater and free time lover.

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets Designs



Little Girls Dresses from Shabby Apple
Dresses from Shabby Apple
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved