Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Chicken Spaghetti Ripoff

My aunt has always been a really good cook. Like the kind of woman who could go into the kitchen, pull stuff a pantry and throw together a fabulous meal. 

I am not that woman.

My aunt always made the best chicken spaghetti. It was one of my favorite meals! When I was in college I attempted to make it based off of what it looked like...And it actually came out pretty good.

Nothing like spaghetti, but really good! It's one of B's favorites, it's so easy to cook and best of all...it only requires one pot!

This is what we had for dinner last night so I thought I'd share the recipe with you all. 

1. Boil chicken (I use chicken strips because they boil really quickly and are easy to shred)
2. Remove the chicken from the pot and use the same water to boil your spaghetti noodles


3. Shred your chicken while you are waiting for the noodles to boil


4. Once the noodles are done, strain them.
5. In the same pot, combine noodles, shredded chicken, cream of mushroom and Rotel.
*I do this part differently every time! I usually use a can and a half of COM and one full can of Hot Rotel. We like ours spicy so I will typically take a second can of Rotel and drain the juice and just use the chunks.


6. Add in a handfull of shredded cheese...I use the Mexican mix. Because, let's face it, I am a little bit Mexican.


7. I usually serve it with garlic bread...B likes it with tortillas as well.

Enjoy!



 Don't forget about this!!






Are you expecting a little one? Or do you know someone who is?

Well, Emily at Purple Possum has offered one of my lucky readers a set of these cute onesie stickers of their own!



To enter for the giveaway you must do the following:

1. Become a follower of my blog.

2. Visit the PurplePossom Etsy boutique and tell me in a comment which design you like the most and would like to receive.

3. Like PurplePossum on Facebook.

For extra entries:
1. Blog about this giveaway 

2. Follow me on twitter at stevycurbow

3 comments:

Abbie said...

I don't even like chicken and that looks delicious!! Maybe I could do half and half; with chicken for Ryan and without for me!

And doesn't it just blow your mind that people can open up their pantry, dump stuff in a pot and have it come out looking like that?! My sister is that way and I'm jealous because I'm the girl who burns noodles (true story)!

The Pink Growl said...

That looks great! I'm doing my meal planning for next week right now and I think I'm going to steal this one :) Thanks for the idea.

Natasha said...

i absolutely do need to win these...love that idea for documenting the first year!!! you know i am a follower of your blog and i love the perfectly pink stickers from her shop!! fun giveaway my dear ;)



The Rest Is Still Unwritten

My photo
Freelance Writer. Online Boutique Owner. Mommy of a boy and a girl. Always stir crazy. A schedule hater and free time lover.

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets Designs



Little Girls Dresses from Shabby Apple
Dresses from Shabby Apple
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved