Monday, September 14, 2009

What Budget?

This weekend B and I got lots of shopping done...LOTS! We bought our living room furniture, our dining room furniture, some makeup for me, and a super cute dress from VS.

This is the China cabinet I chose for our dining room...gorge, no? Along with the table and chairs. We didn't get the server because I don't think we'll have room for it. Our dining room is a nice size, but it's not huge.


For the living room I got two of these chairs from Pier One. I love them! I also got a charcoal colored couch but I couldn't find a picture of it. It's like a deep grey color that almost looks black. We also got some extra throw pillows to match.

We also spent nearly 3 hours at Lowe's buying a lawn mower and other yard necessities. While we were there I picked up a few paint samples. I got a really light turquoise blue for the living room to brighten it up, a deep, slate green for the kitchen, a rose color for a our bedroom, a really pale pink for the guest room and two options for the restroom, a bright green or a bright orange/gold color. I will try to get some samples on the walls so you can tell me what you think. The office will get painted white and the den will get left the tan color it is now. I also, at some point, want to get all of the baseboards repainted white.

I'm doing the painting myself. Call me crazy, but for some reason I'm totally excited about it!! 

Tonight I have my Junior League meeting and tomorrow I'm going to start ripping down the wall paper! I want to paint the restrooms first. The rooms with the heinous wall paper will the first to get painted! 

Here is my problem...we have a lot of hallway space and I'm not sure what color to paint it. We loved how our house in Louisiana was painted and i kinda want to echo that but I don't remember for the life of me what the hallways were like...

B has been hard at work getting our lawn presentable. I'm excited for the finished product! Yesterday evening we took a break from all of the shopping and had my sister, brother-in-law and nephew over for dinner and some football watchin'. It was a blast...I love being so close to them! 

Oh, and not like this actually needs to be said. But Kanye sucks at life. 

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! 



2 comments:

Lindsey said...

LOVE the new furniture, gorgeous!!

Princess Freckles said...

What beautiful chairs! Good luck painting!



The Rest Is Still Unwritten

My photo
Freelance Writer. Online Boutique Owner. Mommy of a boy and a girl. Always stir crazy. A schedule hater and free time lover.

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets Designs



Little Girls Dresses from Shabby Apple
Dresses from Shabby Apple
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved