Monday, November 5, 2012

Christmas Shopping Part 1

How are you doing?

Usually, by this time of year, I'm done. However, with my hospital bills, Lainey's hospital bill and countless other hectic "stuff", I am still proud to say that I am about 1/3 of the way done!

B and I never really buy each other Christmas gifts, we typically buy our own gifts because we want to get exactly what we want. I know, I know, boring.

I am SEW excited about my gift! I ordered it yesterday and it should be here on November 9.


Photo from Amazon.com
Brother CS6000i Advance Sew Affordable 60-Stitch Computerized Free-Arm Sewing Machine

I can't wait to get it in. I've even ordered my first pattern and am going to attempt to make Lainey's Christmas Day dress. I've ordered her dress for Christmas Eve service and HOPE that it comes in on time.

For Lainey, here are a few things I am looking at:

Princess Cozy Coupe® 30th Anniversary Edition

photo taken from Littletikes.com
Little Tikes 3 Corners Playhouse
 
photo from littletikes.com
Our backyard is ALL pool so we don't have much a play area back there. In February, we are going to be fencing off the pool leaving us with a small area for dining and play. We had this great little spot that the previous owners filled with concrete and rocks (they did SO many weird things to this house!). So, this weekend, as part of her Christmas gift, we dug it up and planted grass so Lainey can have a little area of her own. We are on the hunt for the perfect little house or kitchen for it and I think this might be it.
 
Bobby really wants a new iPod, some bluetooth headphones for the gym and...something else that I can't remember. Wife of the year, right!? Ha.  Like I mentioned, we usually just go shopping and get what we want, so I'm not concerned. :)
 
I love Christmas shopping! It makes me insanely happy. I think because I never spend money like this during the year. And partially because I think I may possibly have a shopping addiction.
 
By the way, I have NOT been sleeping well. Of course I got excited thinking it was a sign I was pregnant because I never slept while I was pregnant with Lainey, but it's not. Anyway, I tried the Celestial Herbal SleepyTime Tea. It is so yummy!! Have you tried it? I love Lipton Sleepytime Tea but they didn't have it at CVS so I grabbed this and it was SO good! Even helped me sleep a little...though...I did slip into a weird dreamy, partial conscious state that scared the piss out of me. Wonder if it's from the tea...Interesting. Didn't even consider that until I started writing this....Oh well.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

That looks like one great sewing machine! I used to sew all the time, but have stopped since moving out of my parents house... Excited to see what you make with your new gift!

Kyla @ The Simpsons said...

I think you've got the better deal in shopping for your own gifts! Last year part of my gift included HANGERS. Oi!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I love Christmas shopping too! It's always so fun to get and give gifts. I've already started mine. It sounds liek you've got a great plan for the backyard!



The Rest Is Still Unwritten

My photo
Freelance Writer. Online Boutique Owner. Mommy of a boy and a girl. Always stir crazy. A schedule hater and free time lover.

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets Designs



Little Girls Dresses from Shabby Apple
Dresses from Shabby Apple
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved