Monday, October 12, 2009

Housework, Halloween and Houseguests


Good morning ladies! I'm so exhausted from this weekend. I feel like I'm going 90mph with no slowing down in sight! friday night I came home completely spent from work. B and I waited around until his cousin and her husband came over to pick up something. After visiting with them for a while we headed out to run some errands. We went by Lowe's (Quickly becoming my least favorite and favorite place at the same time, weird, no?) and to grab a quick dinner. I was so disappointed because I got fetuccinie and they put mushrooms in it! Have you ever heard of that? I thought I was going to throw up!

Saturday I spent the entire morning putting primer on my kitchen walls...Let me tell you, that was a chore! I did it all by myself until I got a point where I couldn't reach anything. Not even on the ladder! So B had to take a study break and help me! Afterwards, we went to the halloween store! I got  my costume for Vegas and I'm so excited!!! I'm going to be a flapper! 
This is the costume I got! It's so cute! I even got the pink wig.



Saturday night we had a quick diner with some friends. Sunday I finally got the kitchen painted! No more atrocious wall paper. At least not in the kitchen. I still have 2 bathrooms to do. Sunday while I was painting we got some really sad news. B's cousin is getting divorced. It's a pretty rough situation and since her and B don't really have any family in Houston, she will be staying with us until she can get back on her feet. I feel so bad for her but I'm so happy we can help in some way. So, we'll have a houseguest for a while. I just feel bad that I have so much going on right now. I wish I could be more available to her.

In happier news, Blog's the new Black is hosting a giveaway. Head on over to check it out!!

Have a great Monday!

10 comments:

carrie1 said...

Great minds think alike! I'm dressing up like a flapper too for halloween! =)

Lindsey said...

Great costume!!

Mrs. Marshall said...

Love the costume!

Sweet Simplicity said...

That is so nice of you all to let his cousin stay for a while. I'm impressed that you painted by yourself! I want to see pictures!

Heather said...

Cute costume. I love wigs. I always try to get a costume with a wig!!

Princess Freckles said...

great job getting hte kitchen painted...we need some pics!

I'm so sorry to hear about B's cousin. I am glad thet you guys can be there for her, its just so sad when I hear about divorce! I hope you can help her through this.

Carol said...

Very cute! I still need to figure out what I am going to be for Halloween!

Kristin said...

That costume is totally adorable!

Crazy Shenanigans said...

That costume is going to be awesome!

Anonymous said...

Hello! I'm newbie in Internet, can you give me some useful links? I know only about Yahoo [url=http://yahoo.com]Yahoo[/url] http://yahoo.com Yahoo



The Rest Is Still Unwritten
My photo
Freelance Writer. Online Boutique Owner. Mommy of a boy and a girl. Always stir crazy. A schedule hater and free time lover.

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved