Friday, September 19, 2008

Trust your Instincts

Well, I did it. Against my better judgement I tried the Chinese restaurant here in Springhill, La. First of all, I think it's run out of an old Ace Hardware store. Second, when we paid, our change was $4.  The girl gave us $3. Seriously. I guess four is too high to count. Just for that, no tip. You aren't supposed to try to steal your tip. And finally, the food. Horrible. Probably the worst thing I've ever tasted. I seriously think I ate someone's pet for lunch. Bobby and I had to stuff ourselves with Blue Bell ice cream and sweet tea. Moral of the story: when it comes to Chinese food, trust your instincts. Oh and if you walk into any restaurant and notice that it's a $5 buffet, just turn around and walk out. It's the best thing for you.

On a different note. Bobby and I went to one of my favorite places on earth last night: Barnes & Noble. The last  book I read wasn't so great so it's been a while since I've picked up another one. But, I bought one and ordered one last night. And, yes, one of them is Confessions of a Shopaholic. Make fun all you want but I have to read it before I see the move. And, yep, I'm gonna see the movie!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

The last time I ate at a Chinese buffet I broke out in hives all over my entire body. That's another reason why we stick with PF Chang's or Pei Wei, lol!

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

I tagged you for a survey on my blog! Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Girl I can ship you some schezuan if you want....love that place. Anyway, the site looks really good and I love the background.
Love you and Jeremiah misses you so much!

Perkins Family



The Rest Is Still Unwritten

My photo
Freelance Writer. Online Boutique Owner. Mommy of a boy and a girl. Always stir crazy. A schedule hater and free time lover.

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets Designs



Little Girls Dresses from Shabby Apple
Dresses from Shabby Apple
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved