Thursday, September 24, 2009

I can't believe I'm admitting this...Plus, my weekend up date

I know I've been away for a while...I think I had food poisoning or something. I was really sick Monday night, Tuesday and yesterday. I couldn't keep anything down until last night! I'm still really tired but feel so much better now that I actually have some food in my belly! So...

Did you guys watch DWTS last night? First, Sean Kingston sucks. I can't stand the kid. BUT...I almost broke down when they did the tribute to Patrick Swayze! I love him! When I was a kid I used to watch Dirty Dancing every day. No joke. Every. Single. Day. It was my after school tradition. It was Kids Incorporated at 3 and then Dirty Dancing while having a tea party and eating watermelon with cool whip until my dad came to pick me up. I even used to the dance at the end. I was Baby and my grandpa was my Johnny. So I loved every second of that tribute last night! 

Here is what I can't believe I'm admitting. We all know how I feel about Miley Cyrus. I don't like her. I have no idea why but she annoys every ounce of me. I don't like  her voice, I think she's entirely too dramatic and a little flakey. But...I love the Party in the USA song! LOVE IT! And last night they played the video and I thought it was Ok, too. For some reason, that song makes me want to dance! 

This weekend was a blast! Friday night my grandpa threw himself a surprise birthday dinner. Yep. That's my grandpa for ya. It was so much fun! The entire family got together at a local Mexican restaurant to have dinner and celebrate his life. 

This is me and my two favorite little girlies. Aliza and Makayla. They wanted to have a slumber party so badly on Friday night but we just couldn't. Makayla is a cheerleader and had a game on Saturday morning and I had tons to do around the house.

So...We had a slumber party on Saturday night. It was so much fun! We've had tons of sleep overs with my boy cousin's but this was the first with the girls. Let me tell you...it was probably the funniest night of my life!


This is the members of The Girls Club. It's very elite and we even have a secret handshake! So what if it changes every time we see each other. It still counts because it's secret!
(don't mind the ginormous belly...I know i need to Shred!)

She said she had never licked the bowl or utensils after making a cake. So I let her. She had it all over her face and in her hair!

Makayla and I made a red velvet cake while we were waiting on Aliza's mommy to drop her off. I cut the cake into big pieces and let the girls decorate their own piece. I don't like icing so I do all I can to avoid putting it on my cakes.


And then we played Spa. No, not makeovers, Spa. How silly is that. This is what they did to me. Aliza took this picture and right when she did, she goes, "Ok, Stevy, Strike a pose and Vogue!" I thought that was the cutest thing I had ever heard so I had to do it! After the make up, we did facials to complete the spa treatment! Haha! 

I  had such a blast with these girls! They are so much fun! Sunday we ran a few errands, swam a bit and watched football. Ok, we all know I didn't watch football. But everyone else in my house did!

I'm already ready for this weekend! I'm getting the invites out for the shower I'm throwing as well as for my housewarming party! I'm so excited! I also think I may stop by Lowes and pick up some paint to do the living room. I'm still at a loss as to what color to paint it. I don't like any of the colors I brought home! Hmm...any ideas? Let me know!

Also, the gorgeous, bride-to-be Heather is having a giveaway..But I won't tell you what it is! You have to go to her blog to find out!

happy Thursday!

P.S. It's definitely fall in Texas today! And I love it!

6 comments:

Sole Matters said...

I love the Party in the USA song too! It DOES make you want to dance. Ive gotten my friends hooked on it too.

Lindsey said...

I don't like Miley either AT ALL. But I loved "The Climb" so much, haha!
Loved DWTS and adore Patrick and the fact that they did a tribute! AMAZING~

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I've had Party in the USA on repeat for days! I love DWTS! It was so sad and touching with the tribute and yes Sean Kingston sucks. Who are you rooting for on the show?

Tatiana said...

Glad that you're feeling better :-) And spa night with girls is the best and so much fun!!!
PS: I am also not a huge fan of Miley Cyrus. She sounds like she's been smoking her entire life.

Annie said...

ha, i love that song as well!! i think i'll be getting sick of it soon tho ;)
a spa night sounds so relaxing and red velvet cake, what a fun night you all had!!

Anonymous said...

Kingston: sucked. Swayze tribute: definitely cried. Miley: all her friends were too old for her. (I don't know why, but it bothered me)

Most importantly: You once told me you thought we could be friends in real life. Today sealed the deal. I LOVE icing! and I LOVE people who don't, because they give it to me!!



The Rest Is Still Unwritten

My photo
Freelance Writer. Online Boutique Owner. Mommy of a boy and a girl. Always stir crazy. A schedule hater and free time lover.

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets Designs



Little Girls Dresses from Shabby Apple
Dresses from Shabby Apple
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved